The Daily Bean | 12.2.18 | Issue 002
Welcome to The Daily Bean! The mission of The Daily Bean is to give you daily tips, resources, and timely information that you can act on to maximize your real estate career at Bean Group.
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOUR REAL ESTATE BIO
First impressions count, and online you have about 8 seconds to make a good first impression. Successful real estate agents understand that crafting and curating a personal brand online is critical to their success. Buyers and sellers will choose or eliminate an agent based on their bio, or lack of bio.
More than ever consumers aren’t just shopping for their “perfect home” online, they are also shopping for their “perfect agent” to work with. Your bio is both your personal brand statement as well as your resume. It is your opportunity to make a connection with potential customers and to give them a reason to choose you as their agent.
Think about this – if you saw a home listed online with no photo and no description, just an address, would you call on that listing or would you immediately move on to the next listing with professionally staged photos and a strong description of the home that espoused not only the features but the benefits of the home? Here’s what today’s consumers are doing: one glance at the no photo / no description listing and they are outta there!
Now – consider this:
YOU are the listing
YOUR HEADSHOT = listing photos
YOUR BIO = the property description
Just as real estate listings are entered in the MLS and syndicated across the Internet, your agent bio shows up in a number of channels online:
- your agent website
- social media including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram
- real estate portals such as realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, and others
A well-crafted bio can amplify your personal brand across all the different channels, increasing your opportunities to connect with potential customers, and a poor or non-existent bio will give your competition the advantage every time.
1. Take a moment to pull up your bio on your Bean Group agent website (you can find it in the About Me section) and ask yourself these questions:
- Is your bio current?
- Do you have experience that you can add to your bio?
- Does it accurately reflect how you want your personal brand to be represented?
- Does it accurately reflect the “Bean Group” brand?
- Is your contact information up to date?
- Are your social media profiles displayed (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram)?
- Would you hire you?
2. Review Bean Group’s Agent Biography Guidelines
The following guidelines will help you craft a professional real estate bio:
Write 1-2 paragraphs that introduce yourself and the real estate services that you offer. For example, incorporate answers to the following questions:
- What region do you service?
- How do you know the area?
- What do you specialize in?
- What do you enjoy best about real estate?
- How does your knowledge/background benefit your clients?
REAL ESTATE EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- What type of license do you hold and in what state(s)?
- What were your previous brokerage affiliations?
- What are your real estate designations, certifications or awards?
- What board do you associate with?
- How many years have you been in real estate?
List your education including real estate courses.
REAL ESTATE AFFILIATIONS
List your real estate memberships and organizations.
Write a paragraph about your past career(s) or list previous non-real estate employment.
• What prompted your decision to go into real estate?
• Why did you choose to affiliate with Bean Group?
Write a paragraph or list your community involvement, charitable organizations, etc.
If you’re an experienced agent, testimonials can make a significant impression on internet consumers. Include quotes from previous customers and clients, testimonials about you.
3. Revise & publish your agent bio
Take some time to present yourself in your best light. Feel free to use Bean Group’s Agent Biography Guidelines as a template for your bio. Once your bio is complete (don’t forget to use a spelling/typo/grammar checker!), save it to your Bean Group agent website in AMP.