The Daily Bean | 2.22.19 | Issue 070
Welcome to The Daily Bean! The mission of The Daily Bean is to give you daily tips, resources, and timely information that you can act on to maximize your real estate career at Bean Group.
SIMPLE STAGING TIPS TO HELP YOUR LISTING SELL
When listing a property, presentation can be the key to selling a home faster and at the right price. That’s where staging comes in. A well-staged home will appeal to buyers and help them envision living in the space.
Staging doesn’t have to be a costly or time-consuming process, and there are a number of things your sellers can do right now to get their home ready to show – inside and out.
Exterior: Clean, Repair, Replace
- Power wash siding, porches, and decks
- Replace any missing or damaged roofing, siding, and fencing
- Depending on the season, some light landscaping work may be needed (think fresh mulch around gardens and trees)
- Make sure the doorbell and all exterior lights are functioning properly
- Put away any yard tools or children’s toys
- Don’t forget the outdoor living space! Stage (and clean) patio furniture like you would for interior spaces
Interior: Declutter, Organize, Update
- Declutter, declutter, declutter! Clear kitchen and bathroom countertops, box up books, clothes, and personal items, and keep closets, attics, and the garage as empty as possible to maximize the sense of available storage space
- Deep clean the house from top to bottom, including all windows inside and out
- For a quick living room or bedroom decor update, add some bright coordinated accessories like throw blankets and accent pillows
- Depersonalize by putting away things like family photos and kids artwork to help buyers imagine the home as their own, and create a welcoming atmosphere
- Create a bright and open space by removing window coverings and adding lamps in dimly lit areas of the home
These are just a few simple steps your seller can take to help buyers fall in love with their home. Bean Group agents – don’t forget to give your sellers the “Preparing Your Home to Sell” checklist which provides additional home-staging basics. This checklist can be found in the AMP Media Center under Listing Presentation Materials.